The winners of the inaugural Product of the Year awards have been announced. TorchMedia and Retail World are the Australian sponsors of the awards, which recognise the most innovative brands in the launch of new products.
TorchMedia’s Kirsty Dollisson, General Manager – Marketing & Commercial, sat on a judging panel chaired by Luke Dunkerley, Woolworths General Manager – Marketing, to initially vet the products before turning the final decision over to a public vote.
The winning products have the option to feature a Product of the Year logo on their packaging, and will be featured in a TorchMedia shopper campaign.
Full list of category winners:
- Adult Health – Durex Play O
- Adult Medicine – Nurofen Zavance Tablets, Caplets & Liquid Capsules
- Alcoholic Beverage – Baileys with a hint of Coffee
- Chocolate Confectionery – Lindt Essence Assorted Selection
- Confectionery – Rio Sugar Free Mints
- Convenience – Cooking SunRice Rice & Curry
- Dessert – Coles Finest Madagascan Vanilla Ice Cream
- Facial Care – Neutrogena Wave Power Cleanser
- Fresh Produce – Sunny Queen Farms Cage Free Eggs
- Household Cleaning – Viva Glass & Mirror Wipes
- Household Products – Mortein NaturGard Automatic Indoor Insect Control System
- Laundry – Omo 2X Concentrate
- Personal Grooming – Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Range
- Sauces & Marinades – Gourmet Garden Fresh Blends
- Savoury Snacks – SunRice Vintage Cheddar & Black Pepper Rice Cakes
- Suncare – Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen Body Lotion SPF30+
- Technology – Duracell Instant Charger