If you have not considered using train media, perhaps the underlying reason is your understanding of the train audience is based on myths rather than facts.
Well, today it’s all about the facts.
Approximately 1.5 million people in Sydney catch the train every day. But exactly who is who you ask? Well:
- 39% work in the Inner City
- 57% are aged between 19-24
- 48% are aged between 25-39
Want to get really nosey and know where they’re going?
- 52% are professionals and most likely on their way to work.
- 15% are tradies
- 12% are students
Myth is, a narrower market such as students, Tradies and Blue Collar workers.
- Personal income average $39K**
- Household income average $78K**
Results from our research project undertaken last year, ‘Project Toot Toot’ found that on average each person commuted for over an hour each day. While 12% spent less than 30 minutes per commute, 11% said they spent over 2 hours travelling!
So, now we know… it’s worthwhile taking a look at how to capture your customers’ attention on their daily commute.
* *Source: . Rail Patronage summary, Bureau of Transport Statistics, June 2013
**Source: Nielson Clear Decisions S03, 2014